Mar 4, 2019 at 11:59pm CST
200OK is a developer conference that focuses on the Web and related technologies.
200OK is organized and backed by the Techlahoma Foundation – a registered 501(c)3 non-profit community foundation.
Call for Proposals
We strongly encourage potential speakers to submit more than one submission on more than one topic. The more submissions you contribute, the more options you give us to pick you. Be sure your talk title and abstract define the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from the session. Make your CFP title descriptive and save creative titles for the event. In previous years, some submissions sounded interesting but we just didn't have enough detail for them to make the final cut.
- You can send as many proposals as you want - you should submit at least 2
- Determinations will be made 2 weeks after all proposals are in and the CFP is closed
- Full talks are 50 minutes, including Q&A
- Lighting talks are 5 minutes, with panel Q&A after all lightning talks
We love our speakers, and aim to treat speakers as good or better than any other conference you will speak at. We don't pay a stipend, but we will cover all costs, so you won't have any expenses out of pocket to speak at 200OK.
- Airfare / Travel Expenses paid up to $800 USD (we can book this, or reimburse if you prefer to book it)
- Hotel for 1-2 nights (whichever you prefer)
- Ride to/from the airport or Taxi/Lyft/etc. reimbursement
- Free Conference Ticket (right? duh.)
- Speaker Dinner with Organizers and Volunteers
These are some example topics to get you started, but are by no means an exhaustive list of what could be presented. Get creative! We love to hear about new and different topics.
- 3D / WebGL / VR
- Audio & Music
- Continuous Delivery
- Data Visualization
- Database / Big Data
- Dev Ops / Deployment
- Dev Tools
- Distributed Programming
- Frontend Frameworks
- Functional Programming
- Hardware / IoT
- Machine Learning
- Mobile Development
- Reactive Programming
- Security / Privacy
- Server-side Development
- Transpiled Languages: TypeScript, CoffeeScript, etc.
- UI/UX or design
- Anything else! Get creative! We love to hear about new and different topics.
This is how we will select the proposals:
- Talk originality - we like to mix it up with some new talks
- Topic and content - No matter who you are, we will take into account the topic and content of your talk - so make sure to write a good abstract! :) Make your CFP title descriptive and save creative titles for the event!
- Helpfulness / Relevance - We like talks that are very helpful and have wide appeal to our diverse audience trying to "get stuff done" in their jobs.
- We survey our community with the talk titles to gauge community interest. We do not select purely on community votes, but this does inform the selection process. In case we haven't said it enough: MAKE YOUR CFP TITLE DESCRIPTIVE AND SAVE CREATIVE TITLES FOR THE EVENT!