ThunderPlains is organized and backed by the Techlahoma Foundation – a registered 501(c)3 non-profit community foundation.
Call for Proposals
We strongly encourage potential speakers to submit more than one submission on more than one topic. The more submissions you contribute, the more options you give us to pick you. Be sure your talk title and abstract define the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from the session. In previous years, some submissions sounded interesting but we just didn't have enough detail for them to make the final cut.
- You can send as many proposals as you want - you should submit at least 2
- Determinations will be made 2-3 weeks after all proposals are in and the CFP is closed
- Talks are 50 minutes, including and Q&A
These are some example topics to get you started, but are by no means an exhaustive list of what could be presented. Get creative! We love to hear about new and different topics.
- 3D / WebGL / VR
- Audio & Music
- Continuous Delivery
- Data Visualization
- Database / Big Data
- Dev Tools
- Distributed Programming
- ES 6 | 2015 | 2016 | Next
- Functional Programming
- Hardware / Nodebots
- Machine Learning with JS
- New frontend technologies: React / Redux / Angular 2 / Ember 2
- Other JS Languages: TypeScript, Flow, Dart, ClojureScript, Elm, CoffeeScript, etc.
- Reactive Programming
- UI/UX or design
This is how we will select the proposals:
- Talk originality - we like to mix it up with some new talks
- Topic and content - No matter who you are, we will take into account the topic and content of your talk - so make sure to write a good abstract! :)
- Helpfulness / Relevance - Most developers are not on the "bleeding edge" of the latest and greatest JS tech. We like talks that are very helpful and have wide appeal to our diverse audience just trying to "get stuff done" in their jobs.